Five Things I Love Most in Life // beginner’s edition.
Well, I guess it’s that time to dive into it. I’ve debated blogging for years, started about 18 million of them and then walked away because I found it stressful. Which is ridiculous if you really think about it. When most people start blogging they do it for fun, for a craft for a hobby. I guess I felt obligated for some weird reason. Well, the good news is, I no longer feel obligated and feel free enough to write whatever.
So, I’m taking a lesson from one of my beautiful favorites, Elsie Larson, who suggests all new bloggers list the Five things they love most in life. This allows you to connect with like minded people, share your interests and, as she suggest, shows what your blog will mainly be about. So, here’s my attempt at the Five Things I Love Most in Life…my beginner’s edition (also should be mention, they’re in no particular order!)
1. My Pup. <3 I’ve had Miss Ludo Phyllis for about a year now. She’s over a year old and still the most adorable little pup in the world. I’ve realized more and more how attached I am to her, and I love her! She makes me smile and always loves me, and I guess that’s the best part about having a dog!
2. My family. Now, the pictures below represent my family as a whole. I have my family, you know the ones you grew up with, brothers, sisters, moms & dads. That family is pictured directly below minus a few people. I grew up with a big family, so missing out of this picture of my parents, would be my Brother, Will, Sister, Amy, and Sister, Jeny. The little girl is my brother’s first born, Conner. Super funny. Not too mention the other 3 nieces and 1 nephew and the surprise on the way that are not in this picture.
This picture symbolizes my “other family”. The Lake Family. We’ve attended summers at the great Lake of the Ozarks for as long as I can remember. There’s lots of wonderful memories coming from that place and the people we’ve shared all those memories with have basically become like family. Granite, this picture is all girls, so we’re missing a few husbands, and some parents from this picture, but they truly are family, and I wouldn’t have it without them.
3. Adventures. I have always had an adventurous heart. Day dreaming about great explorations and always having this urge to “climb something” when younger. I’m not sure what it is, but something about the great outdoors, camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, boating, etc. Really excites me and pumps some adrenaline. Now, as I went through college, I admit I got really bad at enjoying this great side of my personality. I ignored it, and I show it. But, the excitement never left, and I’m determined to get out and see the world before I’m gone from it. This picture however, is from China. <3 I love everything about it, and I wish to go back some day!
4. Cooking. I’ve always admired chefs, but recently I’ve discovered “anyone can cook” (yes Ratatouille taught me something). Not that I was ever really bad at cooking, but now I’m experimenting trying new things and figuring things out trial and error, which is really all cooking is if you really think about it. I’m excited to learn more, and hopefully maybe one day, take some culinary classes!
5. d|i|y & crafty things. I’ve recently developed a sense of love for blogging, crafts and Do-It-Yourself items. I find myself constantly thinking of home improvement ideas and coming up with ways to do them myself, cheaply. It’s kind of fun and thrilling after awhile. I’m not a super artsy person, which is why I’ve always strayed away from trying. However, I’m learning it really doesn’t matter. Most of these crafts are simply and fun and can look nearly gorgeous with a few bits of color and hot glue. So I’m researching more and trying things myself. There’s a picture of my first attempt below in a previous post, it’s by no means perfect, but the point was I tried and learned a few bits of trial-and-error ideas.
So there you have it folks, the 5 things I love most in Life! You should try it, list of the five things you love in life, it might actually take some thinking!
enjoy the day!